Name of Course: Manicuring
Description of Course: All phases of Manicuring 400 Clock Hours.
- Our goals are to prepare today's students to become tomorrow's successful and influential professionals, by teaching a high level curriculum in the cosmetology arts, and sciences.
- Pass the Montana State Written and Practical Manicuring Examination for Li censure.
Salon Management - 60 Hours
- Know professional salon conduce code and ethical conduct.
- Learn well, sound, selling techniques and methods.
- Know and practice good personal grooming habits.
Bacteriology - 55 Hours
- Know types of Bacteria.
- Know the classification of pathogenic bacteria.
- Know the growth and reproduction of bacteria.
- Know safety precautions for bacteria.
Manicures - 15 Hours
- Know implements and cosmetics used in manicuring.
- Know how to prepare a manicure table.
- Know how to give hand and arm massage.
- Know safety and sanitary procedures for manicuring.
Pedicures - 20 Hours
- Know implements and cosmetics used in pedicuring.
- Know how to prepare a pedicure area.
- Know how to give foot and lower calf massage.
- Know safety and sanitary procedures for pedicuring.
Application of Artificial Nails - 115 Hours
- Know implements and cosmetics used for artificial nails.
- Know how to set a table for artificial nails.
- Know how to apply and prepare nail tips.
- Know how to apply acrylic, gel and silk wraps.
- Know how to do a backfill.
- Know safety and sanitary procedures for artificial nails.
- Know the various implements used.
- Know safety and sanitary procedures of the implements.
- Know and understand chemicals.
- Know and avoid skin problems.
- Know sanitation procedures.
School Discretion - 135 Hours
Objectives: This portion of the curriculum will provide students with a high level of practical experience.
Instructional methods: The course will be taught using a variety of teaching methods, including lectures, small groups, demonstrations, handouts/worksheets, practical applications, etc.
- Milady Standard Textbook Nail Technology
- Milady Standard Nail Technology Theory Workbook
- Montana Laws and Rule Book
- Nail Pro
- Industry Source