Name of Course: Teacher Training
Description of Course: All phases of Teaching Training 650 Clock Hours.
- Our goals are to prepare today's students to become tomorrow's successful and influential professionals, by teaching a high level curriculum in the cosmetology arts, and sciences.
- Pass the Montana State Written and Practical Manicuring Examination for Licensure.
Teaching Methods - 245 Hours
- Know task analysis.
- Know developing instructional objectives.
- Know how to use visual aids and their construction.
- Know motivational tools.
- Know preparation of instructive materials.
- Learn lesson planning of practical theory classes and practical demonstration classes.
- Know methods of test constructions.
- Know methods of evaluation or grading.
- Know curriculum planning and development.
General Psychology - 75 Hours
- Know general principles in relations to teaching and counseling.
- Know conflict resolutions.
- Know student counseling.
- Know student and Teacher relationships.
- Know public relations.
Business Methods - 115 Hours
- Know recruitment.
- Know job analysis.
- Know student registration.
- Know student withdrawal.
- Know student hours.
- Ethical employee and employer relationship.
- Know Salon/Booth rental relationship.
- Know professional ethics.
- Know current state board laws and rules.
Advanced Theory of Cosmetology Ethics, or Manicuring - 75 Hours
- Know advanced Chemistry.
- Know advanced Safety.
- Know advanced Sanitation.
- Know advanced Bacteriology.
- Know advanced Physiology.
- Know advanced Anatomy.
- Know advanced diseases and disorders that apply to each course.
School Discretion - 85 Hours
Objectives: This portion of the curriculum will provide students with a high level of practical experience.
Instructional methods: The course will be taught using a variety of teaching methods, including lectures, small groups, demonstrations, handouts/worksheets, practical applications, etc.
- CO-ED-CO Instructors Manual.
- Cosmetology Hair Styling Teacher-Training Manual.
- Milady Standard System of Salon Skills
- Teaching Starts Here By: Rufus V. Hays.
- Montana Laws and Rule Book
- Modern Salon
- Nail Pro
- Behind the Chair