NAME OF COURSE: Manicuring
Description of Course: All phases of Manicuring 400 Clock Hours.
- Our goals are to prepare today’s students to become tomorrow’s successful and influential
professionals, by teaching a high level curriculum in the cosmetology arts, and sciences.
- Pass the Montana State Written and Practical Manicuring Examination for Licensure.
TOPIC: SALON MANAGEMENT – 60 HOURS
- Know professional salon conduce code and ethical conduct.
- Learn well, sound, selling techniques and methods.
- Know and practice good personal grooming habits.
TOPIC: BACTERIOLOGY – 55 HOURS
- Know types of Bacteria.
- Know the classification of pathogenic bacteria.
- Know the growth and reproduction of bacteria.
- Know safety precautions for bacteria.
TOPIC: MANICURES – 15 HOURS
- Know implements and cosmetics used in manicuring.
- Know how to prepare a manicure table.
- Know how to give hand and arm massage.
- Know safety and sanitary procedures for manicuring.
TOPIC: PEDICURES – 20
- Know implements and cosmetics used in pedicuring.
- Know how to prepare a pedicure area.
- Know how to give foot and lower calf massage.
- Know safety and sanitary procedures for pedicuring.
TOPIC APPLICATION OF ARTIFICIAL NAILS – 115 HOURS
- Know implements and cosmetics used for artificial nails.
- Know how to set a table for artificial nails.
- Know how to apply and prepare nail tips.
- Know how to apply acrylic, get, and silk wraps.
- Know how to do a backfill.
- Know safety and sanitary procedures for artificial nails.
- Know the various implements used.
- Know safety and sanitary procedures of the implements.
- Know and understand chemicals.
- Know and avoid skin problems.
- Know and sanitation procedures.
TOPIC: SCHOOL DISCRETION – 135 HOURS
This portion of the curriculum will provide students with a high level of practical experience.
The course will be taught using a variety of teaching methods, including lectures, small groups, demonstrations, handouts/worksheets, practical applications, etc.
- Milady standard textbook nail technology.
- Milady standard nail technology theory work book.
- Montana laws and Rule book.
- Nail Pro
- Industry source
- TV, VCR, and DVD
SCHOOL GRADING SYSTEM
Below 75 Fail/Unsatisfactory