NAME OF COURSE: Teacher Training
Description of Course: All phases of Teaching Methods 650 Clock Hours.
- Our goals are to prepare today’s students to become tomorrow’s successful and influential
professionals, by teaching a high level curriculum in the cosmetology arts, and sciences.
- Pass the Montana State Written and Practical Teacher Training Examination for Licensure.
TOPIC: Teaching Methods – 245
- Know task analysis.
- Know developing instructional objectives.
- Know how to use visual aids and their construction.
- Know motivational tools.
- Know preparation of instructive materials.
- Learn lesson planning of practical theory classes and practical demonstration classes.
- Know fundamentals of speech and public speaking.
- Know methods of test constructions.
- Know methods of evaluation or grading.
- Know curriculum planning and development.
TOPIC: General Psychology – 75 HOURS Objectives:
- Know general principles in relations to teaching and counseling.
- Know conflict resolution.
- Know student counseling.
- Know student and Teacher relationships.
- Know public relations.
TOPIC: Business Methods – 115 HOURS
- Know recruitment.
- Know job analysis.
- Know student registration.
- Know student withdrawal.
- Know student hours.
- Ethical employee and employer relationship.
- Know Salon/Booth rental relationship.
- Know professional ethics.
- Know current state board laws and rules.
TOPIC: ADVANCED THEORY OF COSMETOLOGY ETHICS, OR MANICURING – 75 HOURS
- Know advanced Chemistry.
- Know advanced Safety.
- Know advanced Sanitation.
- Know advanced Bacteriology.
- Know advanced Physiology.
- Know advanced Anatomy.
- Know advanced diseases and disorders that apply to each course.
TOPIC: SCHOOL DISCRETION – 140 HOURS
Objectives: This portion of the curriculum will provide students with a high level of practical experience.
The course will be taught using a variety of teaching methods, including lectures, small groups, demonstrations, handouts/worksheets, practical applications, etc.
- CO-ED-Co Instructors Manual.
- Cosmetology Hair styling teacher-training manual.
- Milady’s standard system of Salon skills.
- Teaching starts here By: Rufus V. Hays.
- Montana Laws and Rules
- Modern Salon.
- Nail Pro.
- Behind the Chair.
- 1) TV, VCR, and DVD
- Projector and screen with internet access
SCHOOL GRADING SYSTEM
Below 75 Fail/Unsatisfactory